Love to try a simple chicken with an Italian air? Try this fresh baked chicken parmesan. It’s rich with herbs and Italian flavors. And it’s easy to execute. You need only around 55 minutes from the prep to finish.
Wholesome Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Total time: 55 mins
Serves : 6
- 1000 g (2lbs) chicken cutlets
- 45 g (½ cup) wholegrain breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
- 170 g (¾ cup) sauce
- 75 g (¾ cup) mozzarella cheese
- 10 g (2 tbsp.) grated parmesan cheese (as alternative, use romano)
- 0.5 g (1 tsp.) Italian seasoning
- 2 g (½ tsp.) garlic (granulated)
- 1 g (½ tsp.) onion powder
- 1 g (½ tsp.) ground pepper
- ½ tsp.salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 degree in Celcius).
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, onion powder, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Stir the chicken cutlet in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Take a baking pan, and then coat it with olive oil.
- Put the chicken cutlet on the baking pan, and bake it for about 15 minutes.
- Turn over the chicken and bake again for 15 minutes. Remove it from oven.
- Onto each chicken cutlet, spread the sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Put back in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until the cheese melted.
- Serve while still hot.